Corporate Social Responsibility
To this end:
- The Company has a separate Environmental Policy Statement clarifying its commitment to negating its impact on the environment.
- The Company carries out regular risk assessments to guarantee the wellbeing of staff and visitors, in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- The Company actively manages its reputation, and drives best practice, through the application of Ethical Sales and Purchasing Policies.
- The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer which promotes diversity and does not differentiate on grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
- The Company commits to being open and transparent in the interests of promoting best practice.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Emeg Electrical Limited’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces the environmental impact on the Company by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement.