Corporate Social Responsibility
Emeg Group recognises its obligations to act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in its interactions with all stakeholders be they, staff, customers, suppliers, neighbours and the environment as a whole. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding such responsible and ethical principles into everything we do. The elements of this statement cover our approach in dealing with our clients, suppliers and the local community in an effort to support reducing our energy, procurement, transport, water use and other business usage to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
To this end:
- The Company has a separate Environmental Policy Statement clarifying its commitment to negating its impact on the environment.
- The Company carries out regular risk assessments to guarantee the wellbeing of staff and visitors, in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- The Company actively manages its reputation, and drives best practice, through the application of Ethical Sales and Purchasing Policies.
- The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer which promotes diversity and does not differentiate on grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
- The Company commits to being open and transparent in the interests of promoting best practice.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Emeg Group’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces the environmental impact on the Company by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities.
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel.
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently.
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful.
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them.
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement.