Maintenance Engineer – Job Description
Due to the continued expansion and growth of the Emeg business within the UK and overseas, there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to be based out of our UK Head Office (in Chesterfield). Ideally, located in the South Yorkshire area to cover Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Derby, Nottingham and Newcastle – as well as additional sites subject to business requirements.
The role will involve carrying out maintenance and repairs to electrical shutter doors, carriage wash plants, controlled emission toilet extraction plant, fluid/fuel storage and dispensing systems, plus pumps, motors, valves etc. within depots.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for responding to reactive call-outs as instructed by the Maintenance Manager or his nominated deputy. You will also monitor Emeg company policies, procedures and operational safety issues, reporting back to the Maintenance Manager and Support Administration.
- Full UK driving licence (clean).
- A minimum of twelve months’ plant fault-finding experience.
- Qualified to site engineering status with electrical certification and a sound knowledge of mechanical applications.
- To achieve NWR PTS certification and maintain NWR medical status*.
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of the work, the working environment and the potential hazards.
- Have a thorough understanding of the correct use of tools and test equipment.
- Rail experience a definite advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language.
*Training will be given to achieve the competency standards required for the role.
- £35-36k basic salary
- 25 days annual holidays plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Company van, phone, IT equipment and expenses
- Company workwear and associated PPE
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Graham Mansell, Maintenance Manager.