Electrical Design Engineer – Job Description
Due to the continued expansion and growth of the Emeg business within the UK and overseas, there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to be based out of our Manchester Design Office (or our international office in Dubai), reporting to our Head of Design.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 5 years’ experience in design engineering and relevant qualifications (HNC / HND / Degree).
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language.
- Develop designs within the rail environment from predetermined design concepts either from tender designs or outline / performance specifications.
- Develop the design into practical/reliable solutions.
- An ability to design schemes, systems, and depot equipment to meet specification within cost and time.
- Liaise with clients, internal staff and sub-contractors, plus attending sites as required.
- Provide scheme, system and depot equipment designs from concept, ensuring company design, meets with customer specification.
- To generate and control bills of materials for all product designs.
- To generate documentation in relation to all designs.
- Visit sub-contractors in UK or abroad in order to monitor progress and QC new products and designs.
- Work with the production and manufacturing personnel to develop design for manufacturing and ease of assembly.
- Travel to customer’s site in UK or abroad to evaluate designs make the necessary changes.
- To carry out value engineering exercises on existing and new installations / depot equipment and to validate the changes.
- Visit events and conferences in order to keep abreast of new technology and trends.
- Manage sub-contract designers where necessary.
- Assist with procurement of major capital equipment for companies’ projects.
- Assist in preparation of tender quotations as requested.
As usual with Emeg, we offer attractive employment packages, including competitive salary, company car or vehicle allowance, pension, etc.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Carl Backhouse, Operations Director.