Emeg® Group is pleased to announce that we were recently appointed by Buckingham Group Contracting to undertake a comprehensive schedule of improvement work at the Etches Park rail depot in Derby for East Midlands Railway.
This vital upgrade work is necessary ahead of the arrival of the new Aurora train fleet in 2023 and will provide improvements in operational flexibility allowing greater train movements through the depot.
Our expert team of rail engineers and designers are very familiar with Etches Park, having designed and installed a new refuelling system at the depot back in 2013. This new contract is worth in excess of £5.5m and will involve a 35-week programme due for completion by November 2022.
The full schedule of works includes:
- Full building services and depot systems design & engineering
- LV distribution systems
- e-fume™ exhaust fume extraction
- Standby generators
- Maintenance shed extension, including lighting, power, compressed air, potable and non-potable water, fire alarm & detection, and inspection pit & gantry lighting
- e-pure™ air ventilation systems
- e-vac™ CET
- e-shore™ shore supplies
- e-fuel™ fuelling systems + apron lighting & power
- e-mix™ AdBlue installation
- Oil, lube & waste oil systems
Further information about this huge £35m project can be found here: Rail Advent Press Release.
CAD images courtesy of East Midlands Railway (EMR).