Maintenance Engineer – Job Description
To carry out the maintenance and repair to client’s gantry cranes, electrical shutter doors, lifting jacks, carriage wash plants, controlled emission toilet extraction plant and fluid/fuel storage and dispensing systems within their depots as scheduled, by reactive call outs and or as instructed by the Maintenance Manager or his nominated deputy.
Ideally located in the London area to cover the North East London – South West area:
- Luton/Watford – Cheshunt/Brentwood – Penzance/Bristol
- Not to exclude additional sites, subject to business requirements
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the monitoring of the company policies and procedures. The post holder shall be responsible for site monitoring operational safety issues and reporting back to the Maintenance Manager. This post is supported by the maintenance support administration.
On application, the prospective candidate shall be qualified to site engineering status predominantly with electrical certification with a sound knowledge of mechanical applications and be required to: –
- Have a minimum of twelve months’ plant experience
- To achieve NWR PTS certification and maintain NWR medical status
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of the work, the working environment and the potential hazards
- Have a thorough understanding of the correct use of tools and test equipment
- Training will be given to achieve the competency standards required for the role
- Must hold full UK driving licence
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Carl Backhouse, Operations Director or apply via LinkedIn.