Quantity Surveyor – Job Description
We have a position available for an experienced Quantity Surveyor based out of our UK Head Office in Chesterfield.
- Rail industry experience is a must
- Building services background highly advantageous
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of the day-to-day commercial aspects of Emeg projects, with particular emphasis on the preparation of valuations and settlement of accounts
- Manage all aspects relating to contractual and commercial requirements of customers
- To assist the Pre-Contacts Director and Estimator with the preparation of financial reports and budget submissions and to provide commercial information in a timely manner
- Estimate and produce bill of quantities and schedules of work
- Update and maintain the tender’s database and assist the Estimator
- Produce bill of quantities, schedules of work and contractors proposal documents to support bids
- Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering process to meet client budgetary requirements
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for designated projects
- Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and accurate
- Responsible for orders and processing of any variations to contract
- Ensuring these activities comply with company IMS policies and procedures
- Attend sites as required
As usual with Emeg, we offer attractive employment packages, including competitive salary, company car or vehicle allowance, pension, etc.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Carl Backhouse, Operations Director.