Rail Systems Architect / Controls Software Engineer – Job Description
Due to the continued expansion and growth of the Emeg business within the UK and overseas, there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Rail Systems Architect / Controls Software Engineer to be based out of our Manchester Design Office (or our international office in Dubai), reporting to our Head of Design.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 10 years’ experience in design engineering and relevant qualifications (HNC / HND / Degree).
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language.
- To design control systems for the rail industry, including engineering of components required, creating schematics and panel drawings also creating software for the control system to industry 4 standards.
- To conduct surveys and examination of existing control systems and engineer a solution to either upgrade the system or make improvements to the system work to improve efficiency and other R&D solutions.
- Have suitable and sufficient experience and knowledge regarding the principles of design, construction, engineering, and all relevant standards and regulations.
- To provide design advice to meet the department’s obligations at all times in developing the design into practical/reliable solutions.
- To carry out value engineering exercises on existing and new installations / depot equipment and to validate the changes.
- Develop the system into practical/reliable solution.
- An ability to design systems and depot equipment to meet specification within cost and time.
- Represent the company’s interests technically with external stakeholders.
- Liaise with clients, internal staff and sub-contractors, and attend work sites as required.
- Visit sub-contractors in UK or abroad in order to monitor progress and QC new products and designs.
- Travel to customer’s site in UK or abroad to evaluate designs make the necessary changes.
- To generate documentation in relation to all designs.
- Assist in preparation of tender quotations as requested.
As usual with Emeg, we offer attractive employment packages, including competitive salary, company car or vehicle allowance, pension, etc.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Carl Backhouse, Operations Director.